Menu

GOOD AND CHEAP DINNER RECIPES - VEGETABLE JAMBALAYA

GOOD AND CHEAP DINNER RECIPES - VEGETABLE JAMBALAYA

VEGETABLE JAMBALAYA

 For Six


I don't make jambalaya exactly the way they do down south, but this vegetable heavy version is faster and just as good—a great, throw-everything-inthe-pot kind of meal. It's spicy, savory  and deeply satisfying. The leftovers are great for making burritos or warmed up with a fried egg on top.

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • ½ small green chili, finely chopped
  • 2 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp dried thyme
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
  • ¾ cup long grain rice
  • 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken stock

ADDITIONS


  •  slices of fried sausage
  •  shrimp
  •  leftover meat, tofu, or beans

RECIPE


  1. Start with the oil in a large high-sided saucepan over medium-high heat. 
  2. Add the onion, pepper, and celery, then cook for about 5 minutes, until they become translucent but not brown.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the rice and broth. 
  4. Let everything cook for about 1 minute to let some of the tomato juice release.
  5. Add the rice and slowly pour in the broth. 
  6. Reduce the heat to medium and let the dish cook until the rice absorbs all the liquid. It should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
  7. If you're using any of the additions, throw them in at about the 15-minute mark to let them warm up.

FROM GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES BOOK

PLEASE don't forget to like my page on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Janna. I'm a 5 years old. My Mom have done this blog for me.
Learn More →



About

Hi and welcome! My name is Janna, and this little blog is my internet home. I like cooking and I created this blog to gather recipes that My Daddy and My Mommy would like.

In the cooking department, I’m a food enthusiast with an appetite for almost anything. I love to cook vegetarian dishes, but we’re not strictly anything when it comes to what we eat. I love desserts, especially straight up salted dark chocolate. I try to cook things that are practical, interesting, and delicious. I adore noodles, curry, lentils, and pasta. Is that the same as noodles? Doesn’t matter. I love it all.

Sage
Some of my favorite things in life are Arabian, Chinese food, My Mom, My Dad and Zeina.

Thanks for visiting! , click here →
Ping Your Website

Labels