Menu

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - THINGS ON TOAST

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - THINGS ON TOAST


I love bread, and toast in particular is my  comfort food €”I crave it when I'm sick or worn down. Here, I would like to suggest that you  take some toast and put something tasty on it. That’s  it!

Certainly toast can feed a crowd, but I like this meal for times when I’m on my  own and want a quick  meal or snack.  It'€™s a great way to use leftovers or turn a side dish into a full meal.

What makes  this more like a special dinner than a quick snack  is the way you  treat the bread €toasting it in the pan like a nice piece of fish.

A pile of saute or raw veggies over buttered, toasty bread is the perfect meal for one and a great way to try a new vegetable. I've suggested a few other toast variations on the following pages,  but you  can use pretty much any  veggie dish from this book or invent your own. Add a fried egg on top if you'€™re extra hungry.

RECIPE

Melt ½ tablespoon of butter in a small  pan  on medium heat.
Place the two slices of bread in the pan  and let them cook for about 2 minutes, then lift them with a spatula to check whether they're golden  brown underneath. When  they are, flip'€™em over.

Add the rest of the butter to the pan  to make  sure the second side of the toast becomes  just as golden  as the first. Sprinkle the top of the bread with salt and pepper. Once the second side is golden,  set the bread on a plate to await its topping.

For the toppings,  you  can go raw or, as I most often do, saute veggies or beans with flavors like garlic and chilies, olives and and dill, ginger and turmeric, or any  other classic combination (p. 166).

Instead of toast, the topping ideas on the next few pages would also be great over rice or any  other grain, in a tortilla, tossed with pasta, or even on a pizza.  It's up to you!

NICE IDEAS FOR TOAST


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Janna. I'm a 5 years old. My Mom have done this blog for me.
Learn More →



About

Hi and welcome! My name is Janna, and this little blog is my internet home. I like cooking and I created this blog to gather recipes that My Daddy and My Mommy would like.

In the cooking department, I’m a food enthusiast with an appetite for almost anything. I love to cook vegetarian dishes, but we’re not strictly anything when it comes to what we eat. I love desserts, especially straight up salted dark chocolate. I try to cook things that are practical, interesting, and delicious. I adore noodles, curry, lentils, and pasta. Is that the same as noodles? Doesn’t matter. I love it all.

Sage
Some of my favorite things in life are Arabian, Chinese food, My Mom, My Dad and Zeina.

Thanks for visiting! , click here →
Ping Your Website

Labels