Menu

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - CORNMEAL CRUSTED VEGGIES

CORNMEAL CRUSTED VEGGIES

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - CORNMEAL CRUSTED VEGGIES


These are kind of like having veggie french fries. The cornmeal makes  them super crunchy, and they're great with a dipping  sauce.  Might I suggest peanut sauce? This breading process can be done with almost any  vegetable; some of my  favorites include zucchini wedges,  bell peppers, and cooked winter squash. It's sort of like fried green tomatoes or okra, but this baked version skips the expense and mess of the oil, yet keeps the crunch.

INGREDIENTS

  • ½ lb green  beans, stems cut off
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • ½ tsp garlic powder

ALTERNATIVES

  • zucchini
  • bell pepper sticks 
  • winter squash 
  • cauliflower florets 
  • broccoli florets 
  • okra
  • carrot sticks


RECIPE

  1. Heat the oven to 450  °F.
  2. Set up your breading station! 
  3. On one plate, spread out the flour. 
  4. Crack both eggs into a bowl,  add the milk,  and mix lightly with a fork. 
  5. On another plate, spread the cornmeal, salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. 
  6. Mix the plate with your fingers.
  7. Spread a small  amount of oil or butter across a baking sheet. 
  8. A few at a time, take the green beans and dredge them in the flour. 
  9. Next, transfer the flour-covered beans to the egg mixture.
  10. Cover the beans lightly with egg mixture, being careful to shake  off any  excess egg. 
  11. Then transfer to the cornmeal mixture and coat them evenly.
  12. Carefully spread the crusted green beans onto the baking sheet. 
  13. Repeat until you've  done them all. If you  run out of any  of the three mixtures, just mix up a bit more.
  14. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden  and crispy. Enjoy hot with your favorite dipping  sauce!
  15. Pictured are bell peppers and green beans.

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - CORNMEAL CRUSTED VEGGIES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Janna. I'm a 5 years old. My Mom have done this blog for me.
Learn More →



About

Hi and welcome! My name is Janna, and this little blog is my internet home. I like cooking and I created this blog to gather recipes that My Daddy and My Mommy would like.

In the cooking department, I’m a food enthusiast with an appetite for almost anything. I love to cook vegetarian dishes, but we’re not strictly anything when it comes to what we eat. I love desserts, especially straight up salted dark chocolate. I try to cook things that are practical, interesting, and delicious. I adore noodles, curry, lentils, and pasta. Is that the same as noodles? Doesn’t matter. I love it all.

Sage
Some of my favorite things in life are Arabian, Chinese food, My Mom, My Dad and Zeina.

Thanks for visiting! , click here →
Ping Your Website

Labels