Menu

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND CHEDDAR ON TOAST

CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND CHEDDAR ON TOAST

GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES - CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND CHEDDAR ON TOAST


INGREDIENTS


  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 red onion,  thinly sliced sharp cheddar, thinly sliced salt and pepper

RECIPE 


  1. Melt the butter in a pan  on low heat. 
  2. Add the onions and let them cook slowly, about 20 minutes. 
  3. As the onions darken, stir them occasionally, adding  a bit of water to loosen  up the sticky onion  bits on the bottom and keep them from burning. 
  4. Leave the onions until they’re dark purple. 
  5. They will now  be sweet and caramelized. Spread them over toast and top with slices of aged cheddar, salt, and pepper. 
  6. Put the toast back in the pan  and cover with a lid until the cheese is bubbly, then serve it up.


FROM GOOD AND CHEAP RECIPES BOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Janna. I'm a 5 years old. My Mom have done this blog for me.
Learn More →



About

Hi and welcome! My name is Janna, and this little blog is my internet home. I like cooking and I created this blog to gather recipes that My Daddy and My Mommy would like.

In the cooking department, I’m a food enthusiast with an appetite for almost anything. I love to cook vegetarian dishes, but we’re not strictly anything when it comes to what we eat. I love desserts, especially straight up salted dark chocolate. I try to cook things that are practical, interesting, and delicious. I adore noodles, curry, lentils, and pasta. Is that the same as noodles? Doesn’t matter. I love it all.

Sage
Some of my favorite things in life are Arabian, Chinese food, My Mom, My Dad and Zeina.

Thanks for visiting! , click here →
Ping Your Website

Labels